In February 2020, A-G Associates turns 12 years old! During our celebration, we took some time to reflect on our main clients. Shortly after A-G formed as a company in 2008, we started our journey with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help our clients deliver their services in a more impactful way. We soon began serving the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), helping them to develop their strategic initiatives and engage stakeholders in different ways. In 2020, SAMHSA continues to be A-G’s largest client, with some of our staff having supported SAMHSA initiatives since its inception.
A-G takes great pride in our work supporting various areas of Behavioral Health. Since early 2019, we have supported SAMHSA’s State and Territory Liaison & Technical Assistance Contract as a subcontractor to the National Association of State, Alcohol, and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD). A-G supports the delivery of training and technical assistance (TA) to single state agencies (SSA) directors, state, and other individuals representing the national treatment network (NTN) professionals, State Prevention Directors, state women’s services network coordinators, opioid treatment authorities/HIV coordinators, youth coordinators and other identified individuals in the states.
In addition, since 2013, A-G has delivered services to SAMHSA’s Center for Substance Abuse and Treatment (CSAT). We provide stakeholder engagement services under CSAT’s Logistics and Technical Support Contract. This contract is focused on convening events for CSAT’s internal and external stakeholders. Our staff serves as speakers, moderators, facilitators and expert resources. We have developed training materials through virtual onsite platforms including web-based resource materials, toolkits, and other materials for SAMHSA grantees.
As we begin a busy 2020, A-G is pleased to announce the addition of 2 exciting new SAMHSA contracts:
(1) CMHS Logistical, Office of the Director, Consumer, and Operations Support Contract
In late 2019, A-G was awarded a five-year contract with the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS). The CMHS Contract also focuses on organizing virtual and in-person events through webinars, meetings, and training sessions. Additional technical support includes:
- Develop policy academies, technical expert panels, prepare program/resource materials and guidance, and provide technical assistance to support behavioral health programs.
- Support SAMHSA’s grantees as well as other providers, educators, and consumers.
- Develop materials and delivered technical assistance for a wide array of populations and topics to include suicide, mental illness, and substance abuse.
- Develop web-based resource materials, toolkits, training curriculums, and developed action plan strategies for SAMHSA grantees.
- Provide pre-event data collection from target audiences and stakeholders, facilitation, follow-up meetings, post-meeting summaries, evaluations and reports.
- Provide support for CMHS’s Leadership Team to work in concert with national experts and key stakeholders participating in the CMHS National Advisory Council and Interdepartmental Serious Mental Illness Coordinating Committee.
(2) Evidence Based Resource Contract
In September 2019 A-G was awarded a subcontract with ABT Associates to support SAMHA’s Evidence Based Resource Contract (EBRC). The objectives of this Task Order are to provide research, analytical, logistical, administrative, and materials development support services necessary to produce and disseminate mental health and substance use comprehensive guides.
Specifically, the primary objectives are:
- Provide subject matter expert consultant support to produce five comprehensive, multi-chapter guides per year. The development includes the consolidation and analysis of known information on a subject, utilizing environmental scans; evaluation and synthesis of the research and data relevant to a subject such as a literature review; analysis and summary of discussion and recommendations from technical expert panels related to a subject; as well as other analysis and syntheses necessary to produce comprehensive guide materials.
- Provide support to meetings and expert panels. This support includes necessary travel support for experts, note-taking and transcription, facilitation, and expert analysis.
If you are interested in learning more about these contracts or other behavioral health projects at A-G, we invite you to contact Chris Gonzalez at CGonzalez@A-GAssociates.com or visit our website at http://www.a-gassociates.com.